Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Besides Records



21 EAST MAIN STREET, MECHANICSBURG, PA 17055

This was THE record store in the area from 97-03. I bought many records there from the owner Brian's suggestions, and I can thank him for getting me into a lot of bands I still listen to today. I used to go to my friend Andy's house and we'd walk down to the store and just hang out all day. The store was definitely out of place in the small quaint town of Mechanicsburg, except on Jubilee Day when Brian would do a ton of business, and have Joe Menges working the cash register. When the store closed I bought a bunch of his inventory and record bins that ended up in the Champ record store.

RIP

1 comment:

Posi Jeff the Record Guy said...

I only got to stop by this place once unfortunately. I did pick up a Locust LP, and a few things on Slap-a-Ham records if I remember correctly. RIP